You can’t expect one of the best foldable phones so far – Samsung
‘s Galaxy Z Fold 2
– to come cheap, but that doesn’t make the price tag pain any better. A Benjamin or two shy of $2000 was all that we hoped for, but Samsung wasn’t shy to price it at $1999. Now, its retail price is down to $1,799 at carriers and retailers.
Needless to say, the OG Galaxy Fold started from $1980, and was way weaker in terms of specs, design and features, so there’s that, too. The Galaxy Z Fold 2
now comes with a larger, 7.6″ display that is not covered by a polyimide film but by an ultrathin glass, making it less prone to scratches.
The Z Fold 2 is the first bendy phone with 120Hz display refresh, and it’s adaptive at that, plus it comes with the powerful 2020 flagship mobile chipset, Snapdragon 865+. It also sports a very usable 6.2″ external display, so you only need to open it every so often to browse or watch videos on a larger display. Read our Galaxy Z Fold review
for all the noiseless hinge details.
With all that power, comes grand pricing, and some great Galaxy Z Fold 2
carrier and retailer deals we’ve rounded up for your viewing pleasure.
Here are the best Galaxy Z Fold 2 deals:
Galaxy Z Fold 2 price and deals at Samsung
- From $1199 with trade-in (instant credit up to $600)
- From $1449 with trade-in with a cracked screen (instant credit up to $350)
- Return your unlocked Z Fold 2 in good condition within 20 mos., and get $1000 buyback value.
Needless to say, Samsung’s own website is where you should start if you want to shop for the unlocked Galaxy Z Fold 2. It comes with a generous trade-in discount, for a price that could go down to $1199, if you trade-in a Samsung foldable phone in good condition. What’s more, you can also get a trade-in discount for a device with a cracked screen too, while most carriers and retailers won’t accept a cracked-screen trade-in.
Verizon was first to announce the promos when the Galaxy Z Fold 2 was released on September 18. On top of that, Verizon is currently having one of the best deals on the Z Fold 2 as well.
Here’s the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 prices and deals on Verizon:
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G is $83.33 a month for 24 months on Verizon Device Payment (0% APR; $1,799.99 retail).
- BOGO: get up to $1000 of a second one
- Trade-in and save up to $800 with upgrade
- Switch to Verizon, trade-in, and save up to $1100
- As an added bonus, you can get $50 Verizon Dollars when you open a Verizon Visa Card for a limited time (online-only)
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 deals and prices at AT&T
has an excellent overview of the main Galaxy Z Fold 2 features, as you can see in the promo video below, and the carrier sells the phone for $1799 retail (discounted from its original price of $1,999), or $50 per month for 30 months on its payment plan, with trade-in and other incentives to be found.
Currently, AT&T doesn’t have a crazy big discount on the Z Fold 2; however, it can give you up to $200 for your old phone as a trade-in offer. Check all the conditions of the deal here below:
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 price and deals
Currently, the Galaxy Z Fold 2 is not available for purchase on T-Mobile
. It is possible this is only temporary, but for now, you cannot buy the Z Fold 2 on T-Mobile. The T-Mobile-locked variant is not available on Best Buy, either, so you can instead buy an unlocked Z Fold 2.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 deals and prices at Best Buy
- The unlocked Galaxy Z Fold 2 is now discounted by $250 at Best Buy
Naturally, you can obtain the Galaxy Z Fold 2 at Best Buy
on Verizon, AT&T, or unlocked, and the current deal includes a $250 discount for the unlocked model with same-day activation.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 deal at Ebay
Right now, Ebay is competing with Best Buy for the title the “most generous Galaxy Z Fold 2 deal without trade-in”. Here, Microsoft is giving a big discount on a brand-new, unopened and undamaged Galaxy Z Fold 2. Keep in mind that this is a limited time deal like any good deal.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 at Amazon
Currently, Amazon is selling the unlocked Galaxy Z Fold 2 at $1,799, which is the discounted new retail price we are seeing on carriers as well. With the upcoming Prime Day
deals, we may actually see a bigger discount on the foldable phone.